Review: Six Of Crows


source of picture: dailypress

Title: Six of Crows / Das Lied der Krähen (DE)

Author: Leigh Bardugo

Genre: Y/A fantasy

Rating: 5/5 ★


Six teenagers. Six outsiders. Six crows. 
When Kaz Brekker, a 17-year-old thief and member of the Dregs (a gang in the city Ketterdam) gets a job offer from Jan Van Eck, he can't resist his greed for money and recognition. He accepts the offer and assembles a team of six teenagers, including himself, to rescue the scientist Bo Yul-Bayur from the notorious Ice Court. A giant and highly protected place/prison in the Fjerdan country. Inej, better known as "the phantom", Nina, a Grisha with the abilities of a corporalnik, Matthias, a Fjerdan drüskelle, Jesper, a venturous sharpshooter, Wylan, the son of Jan Van Eck and a more or less talented bomb expert and Kaz: ruthless, cold-hearted and didn't get the name "Dirtyhands" for nothing, join forces for an impossible task. 

"No mourners. No funerals."

I finally had the chance to read Leigh Bardugo's famous "Six of Crows" and I tell you: It was worth the two weeks waiting until the bookstore could send it! Six of Crows is not only amazingly written, but the plot is thrilling from beginning to the end. Since the point of view changes in every chapter, you get an insight into the different characters, which I found awesome. Every team member has their own story, their own past and obstacles they had to or still have to go through, which makes the whole plot even more interesting than it already is. 
Altogether, I adored reading this y/a fantasy book and I am hyped to start reading the second part (Crooked Kingdom by Leigh Bardugo) next week!
So if you haven't read it because it's been talked about so often or for whatever reason: Just read it! It is worth ALL the hype it gets! Oh and JFYI: Prepare yourself for the ending. ;)

See you, 
Leandra

Comments