Review: Crooked Kingdom
source of picture: thebooksmugglers.com
Author: Leigh Bardugo
Genre: Y/A fantasy
Rating: 6/5 ★ (It really is that awesome!)
Six outsiders. One goal. Revenge.
When Inej gets kidnapped by Jan Van Eck, Kaz and the rest of the crew make every effort to get her back. But the city isn't safe for the crows since Van Eck put a high bounty on their heads and spread the lie that Kaz' team kidnapped his son Wylan. Once again, they have to intercorporate all their abilities and knowledge to outwit their enemies. But the numbers are rising, and their goal to leave the city and save Kuwei Yul-Bo seems further away than ever.
"Fear is a phoenix. You can watch it burn a thousand times, and still, it will return."
What a journey! When I tell you, I died a hundred deaths reading this book. Since I absolutely loved "Six of Crows", I was a bit worried if the second book could reach up to it, but all my concerns got knocked on the head. I couldn't put the fantasy novel down, and I'm so satisfied with the ending, the characters and the whole plot! (I might even like the second one better than the first one.)
I cannot express how deep my admiration for Leigh Bardugo her imagination and writing style is! Hats off!
Leandra

Comments
Post a Comment